Friday, December 19, 2008

Another Quilt for Someone in Need

When I decided to make a quilt for the recipient of this one, I knew the only place to get the fabric from was this amazing little shop in Seattle called Alice in Stitches, and I was right!

I first laid eyes on this purple pansy fabric and knew in an instant this would be the focal point of the hug quilt the person would receive. My only real problem is that I don't know if the person receiving this likes purple or not.

Then, shortly thereafter, I located the blue fabric aptly named, Northern Lights. If you saw the fabric up close, you would know in an instant, it couldn't be called anything else.

I used a stitch in the ditch for securing all the layers together and worked for the first time with Bamboo batting. I think it will become a favorite as I like the feel of the thickness of it.






The back and outer border is a wonderful soft fleece with wild horses.

It will be on its way tomorrow and covered in blessings and prayers!

No comments: