Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Here is your chance to help!

Here it is, your chance to help one of our own and yes, though I am retired, I will always consider myself a part of the emergency telecommunications family.

So, here is a quilt I am putting together for one of our own in need and no, when I am done, it will not look this way any longer, but much nicer.

I keep receiving Emails from those of you who tell me you will be here for me, you want to help me continue this blessing to others in need and yet when it comes time to step-up, no one is around.

When I send Emails, all of a sudden it is like you have fallen off the planet and I know better!

So, 2008 I was able to provide 4 quilts to dispatchers families in need and am currently finishing up a 2008 project while 2009 is beginning to beg for help. Are you ready? Are you wanting to help walk the walk or just blow smoke at me and talk smack forever?

This is serious business people, I am serious about helping others and I am giving you a prime opportunity to help with blessing those of us in need!

Right now, JoAnn Fabrics is having a fantastic on-line sale and I am always desperately in the need of batting. I can purchase or give you the information to purchase for me, 2 bolts of 54" wide batting that will make many quilts and all for just under $80. What is that, your daily Starbucks for a month? Your snacks for a month, pop, cigarettes, what would you have to do to give up $80.

I have a huge list of things I need, but right now batting is at the top of my list and I have a promotional code until the 21st of January that gives free shipping so send me an Email and I will tell you how to do this.

Either way, I am taking the opportunity to get this, I can't go wrong and if I have to purchase it myself so be it.

You have opportunity to be a huge part of this compassionate quilting for dispatchers, your center can make a difference. Please, stop sitting on your butts and thinking someone else is going to help and help me help others!

No comments: