Monday, November 17, 2008

Bay St. Louis, I Haven't Forgotten

WOW! It has been almost 4 years since Hurricane Katrina hit and did horrible devastation and I have fallen down and at times been unable to get back up both physically and spiritually. If you follow my blogs, you know that many things have happened to our family since 2005, some good, some horrible and some just everyday stuff.

I sent many quilts to Bay St. Louis right after Hurricane Katrina hit and then I promised some of them I would make them quilts. Some received them and others did not. I sent quilts to dispatchers in and out of the area, to New York, to Washington, all for those people in need. But still in my heart, I felt the tuggings of those people I hadn't finished my commitment to.

Well, after many months of being stored, hidden away, yesterday I came across the list of dispatchers I still owe quilts to and I wrote my dear contact person Clementine a letter of apology asking for their forgiveness.

So, for those of you who probably think I just blew you off...Tracy Ladner, Anita Fowler and Linda Coy, I have not forgotten you. I carry you with a heaviness in my heart and now that I have found my list, I have written to Clementine to see if we can't get this show back on the road and I can finish what I promised!

For anyone wanting to donate to sponsor one of the quilts for these ladies, I need 3 queen sized battings, 100+ inch wide muslin or queen sized flat sheets in purple, blue, blue and mauve.

Until these ladies have their promised quilts and the other 3 that I am working on receive theirs, I am unable to make anymore commitments to anyone at this time. As soon as I can I will notify you of my availability.

No comments: