Monday, May 14, 2007

All talk...No action/Compassion

It is truly a sad day when I have busted my butt all week-end and made the eight quilts needed for the VA Tech dispatchers and yet, I have come up short on the others. Short by 18 quilts to be exact.

What is up? I know people are reading my blog, people are letting me know they will send me fabric and money to help get this project complete and yet, I have received a total of $$60 in donations, some great fabric and then a bag of used rags.

Wake up people, is this what we have been reduced to? Telling lies to each other to make ourselves feel good? I sure in the hell hope it works because lying to me must give those of you some sort of warped pleasure.

While most of you are bitching and complaining about the man who immediately set up in bad taste web sites on this tragedy, how many of you actually really care? You don't, all you want is a cause to bitch about!

You are the same people who sit on your butts and complain about so many things and yet never once try to do anything to make it better with the exception of making a bunch of false donations to me that never materialize.

As a child I remember going Trick or Treat for Unicef and no one questioned me about turning in the money, they expectred I would, so they gladly gave to a great cause & now we are all so doubting of our fellow man we stoop to lying to each other to feel better about ourselves.

How sad!

No comments: