Sunday, May 27, 2007

Thank You Vets!

I want to take a minute this Memorial Day week-end and thank all the veterans out there who make it possible for me to speak my mind freely, attend the church I want without fear of being shot, for being able to walk down my street without the fear of being attacked by a car bomb or kidnapped.

You don't have to support the war to support our troops, but you do have to be thankful you can protest in this country the way you feel fit to do because if you were in China or other countries, you wouldn't have these freedoms.

So, for those that don't like war (I don't either) & feel they need to protest at funerals, speeches, parades, etc. Have the heart and guts to go up to a vet or active duty personnel and tell them thank you for serving and giving you the chance to protest. These men and women weren't drafted into service, they chose to serve this country and like it or not, they chose to protect the rights that give you the chance to act the way you do.

To my Uncle Biddy who has passed on....thank you! To my cousin Chuckie who served in VietNam...thank you! My dad served VietNam...thank you! Sgt. Tony B served VietNam 3 times...thank you! My husband Jerry, United States Navy who sat off the coast of Iran during the first Iranian crisis and who is now a civilian...thank you! My brother-in-law Scott M.... thank you! John S. United States Navy, now civilian...thank you! My brother-in-laws Kent and James K (United States Navy and Marines), thank you!

For those I missed, I appreciate all you do, the long hours, low pay, time away from home and family. God Bless You and Keep You All Safe!

No comments: