Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Virginia Tech Dispatchers

As a police dispatcher who knows what it is like to work officer involved shootings, drownings and other tragedies, I can only say my heart and prayers go out to those that manned the telephones that day during this tragedy.

Now, I want to reach out to all three departments that were involved and I am asking for YOUR help. I don't care if you are American, Asian, European, etc. I want to help those that kept people on the telephone save and on the line to help officers.

I want to help the dispatchers of all three departments know someone cares and loves them and appreciates the job they do.

I am making individual lap quilts for every dispatcher (26) in these departments. Today, I completed designing eight of these and will sew them over the next few days and hope to get them shipped out early next week.

Now, here is my dilemma: I still need to make eighteen more quilts and I do not have the money or the fabric to do so. I am asking anyone who reads this to please reach into their hearts and pockets and help me with this project of love and caring.

The first eight will go out with a card and note of thanks and acknowledgement to Sgt. A. Bisulca (Retired US Army) & T. McDonough (Police Dispatcher) for their monetary contributions, Autumn (spouse of active duty military USA) for contribution of fabric and D. Jackson-Blackmon for allowing me the use of her sewing machine and home to put these together.

So, please reach into your heart and contribute to this quilting project by sending fabric or money to: J. Kester P.O. Box 1652 Avondale, AZ 85323 ASAP as it is my goal to have these all done and shipped out by June 1st.

Fabric can be found in most second hand stores, I only ask that you pre-wash it first prior to sending it to me.

Be a part of the heart for Virginia Tech Dispatchers.

No comments: