Friday, September 05, 2008

Another Quilt at Home

For those of you who read this blog and occasionally see that I am asking for donations to help me help others in the way of asking for quilt batting, accessories or even postage, I would like to show you what was printed by 911 Cares when a dispatch center received the quilt I sent them:

'It never ceases to amaze me how caring and giving the emergency services groups are! Our center has been overwhelmed by the amount of well wishes and caring emails and gifts and cards in the mail. Special thanks to the retired quilting dispatcher from Aberdeen Washington, the warmth of Kaseys memory will be with us all each time we look at the lovely quilt. And of course it wouldn’t be possible without the 911 cares group. I can’t count the times I have dropped an email to someone from one of the activations I have read on 911 cares page thinking, this is not much and won’t help a bit. Man was I wrong!!!! When you are on the receiving end, you understand what a note from “someone who walks a mile in your shoes” can mean to you. ' (911 Cares website, 9/5/2008).

I printed this in case any of you have doubts as to whether or not I am genuine or if I actually do make quilts and send them to where I say I will.

Once again, let me urge you to help me reach out to those dispatchers in need. While they help the rest of us during our darkest hours, they suffer the same things we do...loss of homes due to fire and storms, loss of family members, loss of life, vehicle accidents, etc. , and it seems to me this field has been hit exceptionally hard the past year.

If you don't want to reach out and help me, at least make some contact with your 911 center on September 11th & let them know you appreciate them and the job they do. It is a tough job and the people that do it wouldn't have it any other way!

No comments: