Sunday, August 31, 2008

Let Us Not Forget to Pray For Others

Sometimes in our busy lives that we allow to be interrupted by blogging, talking on the phone, quilting, volunteering for our church & community, we forget to take time to pray. I believe pray is something that should occur naturally, but I am the first to admit it doesn't. Hanging my head in shame I can say that many times days get away from me and I am just lucky enough to say thanks to God as I sleepily drift off to sleep.

I just have no routine right now and that is hard. I work diligently every day to say my prayers and do the right things, but right now I hurt so much to just sit down and type this message is causing pain in my fingers and hips. But if I can diligently blog, I should be able to diligently pray not just for myself, but for others.

We need to pray for the families and people who live in the pathways of Hurricane Gustav, we need to pray for our presidential candidates (whether or not you are republican or democrat), we need to pray for families struggling to make ends meet, that are hurt and have pain in their hearts.

Just take a moment out today and give thanks to God & ask Him to bless others. In the end, you will be the one to receive the blessing!

No comments: