Friday, August 29, 2008

No Job, Yet


Wow! I am still waiting to hear from the prison even though I know it is a mute point. I did get another turn down letter from the courts in Olympia so I am batting 0 out of at least 60 right now.
I did get the final paper I needed to receive my substitute teaching certificate, but they are so wonderful in Olympia, they called me and told me they were behind right now. I understand that !

So, I can be a substitute pare-pro until that comes in and that is still going to be very sporadic I am afraid as I will only work when someone else can't. It is not helping the bill situation at all. Hubby is still hanging in there like a champ!

I wonder sometimes if people are afraid of my qualifications? I mean, I have no skeletons in my closet, I don't have a record, I haven't even as much as had a parking ticket, so why I can't find a job is beyond me. Hubby thinks these people are discriminating against my age (52). I don't want to believe it, but sooner or later on these state jobs, I may have to ask the governors office to look into it.

So, I sent my apron package off today and I got one of the prizes that Shawnee is giving away, I am so happy about it as I have never won anything at all. I also have one of my quilts posted on the Lazy Days of Summer so I am hoping to win a bit of something for that quilt.

I just love the way the bag came out & think Sunbonnet Sue is beginning to be one of the quilt patterns that I am becoming attached to, she is so cute and you can make so many different styles, it is just adorable.

My apron swap partner loves Ireland, so I made an Ireland theme on he bag and filled it with travel brochures, recipes & Irish folklore.

My mom called me today, she received the pillow I have made for her and was thrilled to pieces over it. That is what it is about, making others happy and reaching out where we can.

No comments: