Wednesday, August 20, 2008

It is finished

I completed my Sun Bonnet Sue/Sam quilt just a few minutes ago. I originally designed it to sell to make some money for my family, then a tragedy hit a 911 call center and they lost one of their own. I knew at that moment that God wanted me to send this quilt to them. So, once again my hand and heart have been guided to someone who needs a quilt for comfort.

I tried to get a really good picture of it, but the binding didn't come out as well as I had hope
d. This quilt just reminds me of the many friends that come into our life and then, without notice, they are gone that quickly. I hope this quilt gives the dispatch center some warmth in their lives.

Here is a little closer shot of the borders I put around it. I just loved to find the grass fabric and the yellow/orange Batik reminded me of the sun.

The surrounding blue Batik, the green floral, purple and cream floral were all fabrics that came to mind as I was putting this quilt together. Let me tell you, the selfish side of me wants to keep this quilt, but I know when I complete a quilt if someone comes to mind that it is the Lords will that I let it go to someone else in need. I didn't know the young dispatcher that passed away & I have never met anyone from the center he was from, but I know what it is like to lose someone and this is my way of trying to reach out to those broken hearts.

This last photo is an up close of the middle section of the quilt. If you look closely, you can see the seed beads I sewed onto Sue's hat to give it a bit more depth. The small green square between the sunflowers on the bottom of the photo is actually a button I found that looked like a packet of seeds, so I put it in Sam's garden.

Tonight I will use a fabric paint and place Friends Are Forever across the top. Then as soon as I get a few extra dollars, I will place it in the mail to its intended receivers. Enjoy today!









No comments: