Friday, July 18, 2008

Beauty in Quilting or Flowers


Today is going to be a busy day for my granddaughters and I as we are going to try and put together several quilts to get them off in the mail for those quilters and families in need in Northern California that lost their homes to fire and Iowa to flooding.

So, for now, enjoy the wonderful flowers I found in my yard this morning and tune in often today as I will be taking lots of pics!

So today, sit back and enjoy with a hot cup of tea, some java or whatever your passion drink is and relax, you deserve it!

In order to increase traffic to my blog, I am having a contest for quilters. I have many vintage quilting magazines and plan to give several away along with some fabric scraps (well bigger than scraps). So, for the first 5 people leaving comments on this blog, I am handing out some goodies.

Just answer these questions:
1- When did you start quilting?
2-What is your favorite style of quilting?
3-Do you give away or sell your quilts?
4- What are your favorite quilt blogs?

So, leave a post as you watch this site today!

4 comments:

Judy D in WA said...

Your flowers are gorgeous! How wonderful of you to send off quilts to those that need them. I wish I could do more of that.

Sue Cahill said...

I was just poking around quilt blogs and I happily found yours. Your photos of floweres are lovely.
Here are my answers, tough I haven't had enough coffee this morning, so I'm not real alert.

I started quilting nearly 25 years ago, when my daughter turned 2, I wanted to use up some of my scraps from making her little dresses, and I wanted something for her to snuggle.

I would call myself a traditional quilter, but I love to try new techniques. I hand piece, machine piece, hand quilt, machine piece, do redwork, I enjoy it all!

I have a big family (9 grandkids!) so I make lots of quilts for family. I also make two quilts for Project Linus every month. I do keep some for myself because my husband loves my quilts so much, he wants to keep them all.

I have found so many wonderful quilt blogs in the last few months.
Some of my favorites are:
Kates Quilting (and other fibre arts)
Embroidery Treasures
Taffy Talk
Fat Quarter Shop Jolly Jabber
Fabric Mom
Quilting Bloggers
QuiltersBuzz
Polka Dot Pinapple
This That and the Other

Now I can add you to the list!

Sue Cahill (sbonetsue at yahoo dot com)

Quilting Dispatcher said...

Judy and Sue are the first two winners of my post contest and I thank them both for stopping by!

Quilting Dispatcher said...

Sue Cahill if you are still reading my blog from time to time, please send me your address. You were one of the first 3 to post to my blog and I would like to send you a token of my appreciation!